A Woodland Garden Surprise and......

backyard door garden guests......6:00 p.m. and my routine for the day is over. I got a chance to be by the ocean today one of my favorite places to be quiet. I returned home to finish up my day and shut down the computer to begin my evening.
I stepped into my vintage kitchen and returned a glass to the sink as I glanced out the window the shadows on the lawn drew me into the woodlands edge. A sharp contrast of white peeked out of the deep green foliage and I took a double take.
The white and lilac of a flower I did not plant, but had been set in seed some time when I didn't see by something I didn't see, to bring forth an unexpected sense of wonder now!
You never know what words you utter in a passing phrase to a friend, or what whispers you pray into the ears of a young child may be the beginnings of a dream or promise.
You may never see the listener from behind who hears your conversation, just as you may not have seen the ant or aphid in my garden. So be vigiliant to say what is pure on your heart! For words are the seeds to a garden hidden with unseen treasures that bring forth great abundance.





Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Was it the flock that came up volunteer? As I went to visit my mother today, which is about 1 hr drive, I notice along the roadway, where flock grew wild, still standing after old homesteads had vanished. I wondered as I saw them about the lives of the generations that had long lived there. Isn't it strange how you had the photo of the flock today, and I gazed upon the beauty of it in my part of the world. How two distant in miles, souls both were blessed with the beauty of an old heirloom flower.

Donna said...

Shelia, you know none of what we share is by happenstance! Hugs my friend!

Hoping the Blind Will See said...

Hi Donna, just had a chance to check in here. Very poetic, I think I am going to love this blog. Great design; it's a nice respite from the stuff I usually visit, and already I see the potential to soothe my soul...this could become my Oasis in Blogland!

Love you...

Dave

Butternut Sage Designs said...

I didn't actually think men would visit but perhaps the feelings that dwell in our hearts are universal! Thank you for becoming a follower~Love you back

inkedx2 said...

Donna those are best kind of flowers - those that pop up unexpectedly. The same is true with your words. Hopefully what we say will pop up as beautiful flowers and not ugly weeds.