The Telephone


"Hello Mary, can you please ring up my Aunt Alice for me.....thank you"
...when Iwas little we had no numbers on our phone. We would just pick it up and Mary would be on the other end and we would just ask her to get whom ever we wanted to speak to. Sometimes our neighbors were talking on the line so we would have to wait.
When I was 9 we moved into a NEW house with two doors! We got a NEW phone too and I learned all sorts of NEW numbers to call. The wall beside the phone had penciled numbers for those IMPORTANT people or for people we didn't call too often.
Oh how things change! LOL I have to laugh when I see how I am communicating to all of you. WOW! SO, this is how the converstaion went between me (green ink) and my daughter (blue ink) this morning with Colin (red ink) .......
8:15 a.m.
"Hi Mom" ... "hi honey" .... "I'll meet you today at 10:00 okay" ...
"oh boy I forgot, sure I'll see you at ten" ....
"so, mom this morning I asked Colin to get ready for camp and go up stairs to get dressed" ... "yes" ....
"and this is what I hear from the family room, ..... "Colin is not available at the moment , please leave a message, good bye"
......LOL
Enjoy your day! Colin is the little 6 year old guy on the right in my previous post!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Shelia said...

That is the cutest thing. I think I might take Colin's lead and go away to my self for a little while. So glad you wrote about that. when he is older, you have it saved.