Be Selfless

I have no great story to tell today except to share my morning routine. I start my day with pee-ing (c'mon you and I both do it (wink) and then I brush my teeth, take a shower, but only if I did not take one the night before or if I am going out. I hurrily get dressed, and make my bed, throw in a load of laundry and sit down at my desk. I clear my mind, and begin to sing (well..... I can't sing so I hum) a song of worship, and open my bible.



That is my daily waking up routine. After prayer time I open my computer and go to NieNie's blog first, she always inspires me to be a better person. Then I blog hop with a cup of coffee for the next 45 minutes or so depending on how lost I get. I laugh, I cry, I ponder, I see creative ideas, and I assess my day. When I am touched with something, I never know what it will be, I go on to the rest of my routines and move away from my computer. This morning was no exception. As I read the blog of a young mother who just had a birthday she wrote that she felt old, by the way this little girl is 20 something so it is all relative now isn't it, I noticed she posted this lovely quote on her blog, and that made me "ponder". What a great way to think about what beauty is .......selflessness! That is why Stephanie (nienie) is so beatuiful even with her scars. I pray with the help of God I will learn those lessons well to beutify my little piece of the world. ~Enjoy your day and this quote! Go and be beautiful today!


For attractive lips, speak words of kindness, For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others." Audrey Hepburn
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Once again you have done it! What a beautiful post - aand THAT quote! Perfect!! hehe, I'm going to borrow it! :)

Carola Bartz said...

I do love NieNie, too. I admire her courage, her loveliness, the way she writes about her husband and her children and her unshakeable belief.
The quote is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Shelia said...

I also read Nie Nie's blog and come away with so much inspiration. If I could only have that much courage. BTW I think you are a beautiful person, both on the inside (where it counts the most) and on the outside. What a beautiful smile you have.

Anonymous said...

Thank you God! I have two hands...... Mary