The Reliving of Life

I wake up and feel the smile on my face even before my eyes are opened. I can tell it will be one of those rare days when all goes smoothly and I laugh more.

Lately, I have been feeling a little tired of being old and frumpy. I have been in a funk for almost a year and looked at life from the inside of my eyeballs to the outside and didn't like what I was seeing. So, after a week of ups and downs, highs and lows and unexpected kismet I took hold of my life and decided to change it and become the person I wanedt to be, before I died.

Outwardly, I have begun to use my make up and skin care regimine more faithfully and am surprised and embarrassed at how it works. Why do I know that? Because I have been getting a lot of compliments at how rested I look.Teeeheee. I did something different this weekend too. I went to a club/bar at 10:30 at night with my husband and daughter and her husband. That is way past my bedtime just in case you are wondering. I laughed and I loved how they laughed at me. The best thing?.... I was only drinking Diet Pepsi! I felt 20 again. Amazing how the strong beat of percussion instruments in the walls of your chest will make you feel alive even if, you are deaf for a whole day later!

I think every so often you need to be awakened. It may happen at the least convenient time. It may happen when you think there is nothing more to happen in your life, it may happen at the lowest and most depressing time of your life , or it may happen when you least want it to, but I can tell you this, when it does happen...it will make you feel alive.

Now, go out and play the music....play it loudly and dance!!!!!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

;0-) I can't wait to see your newest life chapter!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Definitely know the "awakening" feeling! Went to a Taylor Swift concert last night with my 3 girls! I didn't go with them 2 years ago ... because I was "too old"! They bought me a ticket this time without asking! :) It was magical ... and I felt like a teen again! Wow! I can't remember the last time I had been to a concert! It was just a romantic fantasy and I wished I was a girl again ... so I could come home ... put on the CD and dance! But ... I danced at the concert! We had a wonderful time! I turned 50 on Monday! Another reason to feel old and frumpy! But ... with 9.4kg (about 20lbs) lost since October ... I am starting to think I can do something about it! Thanks for sharing Donna! I could hear your laughter! Hugs xxx