Reflections of May

In May of 2010 I had an epiphany to sit down and create a blog like journal. I wanted to be able to touch the hearts of women my age and young women too in order to make a connection that as women we often times feel the same things no matter how young or old. Today as I scan through what I have written I see how the blog has evolved. Sometimes nostalgic, sometimes reflective and more recently dark. 

In recent months I have written a book and some of it has spilled out into this forum as well. It is more cryptic here but none the less it has intruded my posts from time to time. As Memorial Day Weekend settles in I begin to feel more nostalgic and visit the graves of my now 100 year old plus relatives who gave me a sense of being a lady when I was young and the friends of mine who have passed this year who give me a wake up call to remember how fleeting life is. They also give me the hope to finish my life with reckless abandon and flirt with the things that I have dreamed of.

May your weekend be filled with all the things you dream of and more and please join me for another year of reflection and looking back with some light moments sprinkled in for humor! Thank you for being loyal readers!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I wonder what sort of things you are going to 'flirt' with?????!!!!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

I adore purple iris and mine are blooming now in our mountain meadow... the smell, the beauty - God's wonderful artistry in these flowers.