When it Rains it Pours


White furled petals too numerous to count radiate from the center where they curl upon themselves to create a button. These Gerbera Daisies can stand alone snug in a complimenting vase for they smile at attention knowing their counterparts have long since withered and been discarded. They are all that is left of the summer bouquet so they exude happiness for the last hurrah.

The holiday festivities have passed and it was time to get back into sync with the routine to finish off the week. My poor holiday bouquet looked weary and needed an uplift. I removed the spent blooms from the vase and rinsed it only to  smell that the punk decaying vegitation still  remained. My hand was too large to fit the narrow throat of the vessel that holds the stems upright. I had to think. I had no bottle brush but I had remembered something I had seen recently while having my breakfast at a local shop.
I grabbed some ice cubes from the freezer and my Morton's salt box and placed a little of both in the bottom of the vase. I then held it under the faucet to add a few inches of water to the brew and then swirled it around and around. To my amazement in just a few seconds the inside was clean and free of brown residue and what was even more surprising was the fresh clean scent that lingered behind.
FAST   EASY   FUN and CONVENIENTLY INEXPENSIVE!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well ... Who would have thought! What a great tip! I bet those Gerberas are still nodding happily! I wish I could have a spring clean to freshen me up! It is a long cold winter this year. Hugs xxx

Diana said...

I have also used that method with my coffee pot. But the one that I really like is baking soda and vinegar. It's fun!! I use that along with ice cubes to clean my garbage disposal. Oh and BTW, I've never read a more eloquent description of a simple task!! This is why I love your posts!
I hope you had a great 4th.
Love Di ♥